Welcome to the Travis website, you’re currently at the gateway of speaking 100+ languages! We have built a website aimed to get Travis or information about Travis to you in a simple and smooth way. For the sake of having a solid cooperation, we have set some ground rules, The General Terms and Conditions. The services provided by Travis G.T.B.V., are governed by these terms and conditions. By using this website, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, do not use the website.
Travis: Travis G.T.B.V., a company having its registered office at Stationsplein 45, A4.004, 3013 AK Rotterdam.
The service: The website www.travistranslator.com, including its sub-domains and all other associated software, websites or services.
Visitors: People visiting the website, using the web shop or using the service in any other capacity.
Content: All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code, including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such content, contained on the website.
All content is owned by, controlled by or licensed to Travis G.T.B.V. and/or Travis Holding G.T.B.V., and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and competition laws. All content is created in a careful and goal oriented manner, we can however not guarantee 100% adequacy at all times.
Purchase Terms and Conditions
Travis G.T.B.V. is lawfully obligated to make sure that the delivered product complies with what is stated in the contract. Obvious errors or mistakes in the offer are not binding for Travis G.T.B.V. All offers contain such information that it is clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are attached to accepting the offer.
The contract becomes valid when the consumer has accepted the offer and fulfilled the terms and conditions. If the consumer accepted the offer via electronic means, Travis G.T.B.V. shall promptly confirm the offer via electronic means.
Travis’ products can be purchased through our IndieGoGo campaign or by ordering in our web shop. Hence, different refund policies apply. When a Travis product is bought by backing the IndieGoGo campaign, the IndieGoGo refund policy (https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/526876) applies.
Right of withdrawal
- The consumer can repudiate a purchase contract for a product without giving reasons for a Reflection Period of 14 days.
- The Reflection Period referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article starts on the day the product is received by the consumer or by a third party appointed by him in advance and who is not the carrier, or:
- If the consumer ordered several products in the same order: the day on which the Consumer or a third party appointed by him received the last product. Travis may refuse an order of several products with different delivery dates provided that it clearly informs the consumer prior to the order process; or
- in case the delivery of a product consists of several batches or parts: the day on which the consumer or a third party appointed by him received the last batch or the last part; or
- in case of an agreement about regular delivery of products during a given period: the day on which the consumer or a third party appointed by him received the first product.
Consumer’s obligations during the Reflection Period
- During this period, the consumer shall handle the product and the packaging with care. The consumer shall only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary for establishing the nature, the characteristics and the effect of the product. The guiding principle is that the consumer may only handle and inspect the product in the manner in which one is allowed to handle a product in a shop.
- The consumer is liable for the decrease in value of the product that is caused by the way of handling the product which went further than allowed in paragraph 1 of this Article.
Exercising the consumer’s right of withdrawal
- If the consumer exercises his right of withdrawal he shall notify Travis G.T.B.V. unambiguously by submitting the Withdrawal Form within the Reflection Period.
- The consumer shall return the product or deliver it to (the authorized representative of) Travis G.T.B.V. as soon as possible but within 14 Days.
- The consumer shall return the product with all delivered accessories and if reasonably possible in the original state and packaging.
- The risk and the burden of proof for the correct and timely exercise of the right of withdrawal fall on the consumer.
- Travis G.T.B.V. shall restitute all payments that have been made by consumer in connection to the agreement that is withdrawn from only to the extent of which the agreement is withdrawn from. This includes shipping costs so far as no special way of shipping the product was requested by the consumer.
- The costs of returning the product are borne by the consumer.
Obligations of Travis G.T.B.V. in case of withdrawal
- If Travis G.T.B.V. makes the notification of withdrawal by electronic means possible, he shall promptly send a return receipt.
- Travis G.T.B.V. shall reimburse all payments that have been made by the consumer in connection to the agreement that is withdrawn from only to the extent of which the agreement is withdrawn from, including shipping costs. Travis G.T.B.V. reimburses the payments as soon as possible, but at least within 14 days following the day on which the consumer notified him of the withdrawal.
- Unless Travis G.T.B.V. offers to collect the product himself, he can wait with paying back until having received the product or until the consumer proved that he returned the product, whichever occurs first.
- Travis G.T.B.V. shall make use of the same means of payment that the consumer used, unless the consumer consents to another method. The reimbursement is free of charge for the consumer.
- If the consumer opted for a more expensive method of delivery instead of the cheapest standard delivery, Travis G.T.B.V. need not reimburse the additional costs for the more expensive method.
- The prices of the products provided shall not be raised during the validity period given in the offer.
- Contrary to paragraph 1 of this Article, Travis G.T.B.V. may offer products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market that are beyond the control of Travis G.T.B.V., at variable prices. The offer will state the possibility of being subject to fluctuations and the fact that any indicated prices are target prices.
- Price increases from 3 months after concluding the contract are permitted only if Travis G.T.B.V. has stipulated it and
- they are the result of legal regulations or stipulations, or
- the consumer has the authority to cancel the contract before the day on which the price increase starts.
- All prices indicated on the website include VAT, but excludes customs clearance fees and shipping costs. Prices may therefore vary per country.
Performance agreement and extra guarantee
- Travis G.T.B.V. guarantees that the products and/or services comply with the contract, with the specifications listed in the offer, with reasonable requirements of usability and/or reliability and with the existing statutory provisions and/or government regulations on the day the contract was concluded.
- In any event, no claim can be made on paragraph 1 of this Article (i) in case of damage caused deliberately or with gross negligence, (ii) in case of normal wear and/or (iii) in case of damage from improper care or handling.
- An extra guarantee offered by Travis G.T.B.V., his supplier, manufacturer or importer shall never affect the rights and claims the consumer may exercise against Travis G.T.B.V. about a failure in the fulfillment of the obligations of Travis G.T.B.V. if Travis G.T.B.V. has failed in the fulfillment of his part of the agreement.
- ‘Extra guarantee’ is taken to mean each obligation by Travis G.T.B.V., his supplier, importer or manufacturer in whom he assigns certain rights or claims to the consumer that go further than he is legally required in case he fails in the compliance with his part of the agreement.
- If the product and/or agreement does not comply with what is stated in paragraph 1, please reach out to our customer service center.
Delivery and execution agreement
- Travis G.T.B.V. shall exercise the best possible care when booking orders and executing product orders and when assessing requests for the provision of services.
- The place of delivery is the address which the consumer has provided to Travis G.T.B.V.
- The consumer shall provide Travis G.T.B.V. with the correct delivery address and mail address. Any changes need to be reported immediately to Travis G.T.B.V. If the consumer has entered a wrong address for delivery, then the additional shipping costs will be for the account of the consumer.
- Delivery takes place while supply lasts.
- The ownership of delivered products will be transferred to the consumer upon payment of the sum due. The risk of the products passes upon delivery to the consumer.
- The risk of loss and/or damage to products will be borne by Travis G.T.B.V. until the time of delivery to the consumer or a representative appointed in advance and made known to Travis G.T.B.V., unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
- Unless otherwise stipulated in the agreement or in the additional conditions, the amounts to be paid by the consumer must be settled within 14 Days after the Reflection Period.
- The consumer has the duty to inform Travis G.T.B.V. promptly of possible inaccuracies in the payment details that were given or specified. Payment orders at the bank or giro institute are for the account and risk of the party giving (or authorizing) the payment order.
Accounts and registration
The Visitor can create an account or otherwise register on the Website. Travis G.T.B.V. reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such registration, for example in the event of irregularities. The login details are strictly personal and must not be disclosed to third parties. The Visitor is responsible for his login details and shall immediately alert Travis G.T.B.V. if he suspects that his login details are known by an unauthorized third party or in the event of irregularities.
Additionally, by using the website, you acknowledge and agree that Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any message or information you send to the Site may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission (for example, credit card information) is encrypted.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent allowable by applicable law, Travis and its affiliates shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, extra-contractual, or punitive damages of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which are in any way related to use of the service.
Travis G.T.B.V. and the Visitor are not obliged to fulfill any obligation, if they are prevented from doing so due to a circumstance not attributable to fault and which is not regarded as their responsibility, nor by virtue of the law, a legal action or a generally accepted notion.
Travis G.T.B.V. reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions having effect prospectively.
Any possible derogations in respect of these General Terms and Conditions may be agreed upon only in writing. No rights can be derived from these deviations with regard to future agreements.
The administration of Travis G.T.B.V. serves as proof of purchase orders and requests of the visitor, unless the visitor proves otherwise. The Visitor acknowledges that electronic communication can serve as proof. Travis G.T.B.V. is entitled to transfer the rights and obligations under the contract with the visitor to a third party, by a single notification to the visitor.
In case and to the extent that any provisions of these General Terms and Conditions are cancelled or declared invalid, Travis G.T.B.V. shall draw up a new provision to replace the null/nullified provision, duly observing as much as possible the object and purpose of the annulled provision.
These General Terms and Conditions, and any non-contractual obligations arising thereto, between Travis G.T.B.V. and the Visitor are governed exclusively by Dutch law.